Thursday, August 16, 2012

So Nokia will come up with a new phone. It used to be, before, if you wanted to be the best, if you wanted to have the status, you buy the latest Nokia. But now, not anymore. You could buy a Lumia but it doesn't have the same effect. The last phone that did this was the N8. That phone looked high tech. But the new Lumia, it looks like... an iPod Nano. It doesn't look like the definitive, No. 1 phone.

The problem is, it's not an iPhone. Well, let's wait and see. Apps, does it have any, or will it be like Bada or some other obscure phone OS.


Wow, cool, it can detect if it was moved ^_^

So the S3 is not a threat. It's Apple. But still, Nokia still has to come up with something that will compete with S3. Or, if Samsung is productive, a newer Galaxy. I imagine the Nokia to have a big screen, 4G, Megapixels, what else...

If Nokia had Android, then I would view it as big as the Galaxy.

I'm reading these phones from China, they're waterproof. That's awesome. Not only are they cheaper, they're also waterproof.

How many cores will Nokia have? I don't really care about cores but for people, they buy it for bragging rights. People buy phones to be the best and they buy quad core.

Well, knowing Nokia, they will probably put out an underwhelming phone... like with specs that are not outstanding.

Unless it's a PureView

hmm

So Windows 8 with PureView. Now that's interesting...

People will buy and the PureView will be extra. It's like those who bought the 808 because it has 41 megapixels. Now, people will buy this because not only is it Windows Phone 8, they also get a digital camera.

It's a matter of when... when will Windows Phone 8 have PureView

If that new phone will have a 41 megapixel camera, people will talk about it. It has bragging rights.

41, it's like, is that a joke, is that real, how big will it be, 10MB each pic? Will it be slow? I open big jpgs and they are slow, and if you edit with them, it makes my computer crash.

The feeling I felt when I first discovered PureView was, hmm, what's this, why did they choose to showcase PureView with Snow, do I want to see the detail of the snow? It's just the same texture, I can't really distinguish the small particles of snow, some are see through...
And then the sample pictures of the rock climber... um, no sex appeal...

If I were to take 41 megapixels, I want to see everything. That should be their tagline. Like a spy, take pictures, and then even if it's so small, you could see it.

I mean, they could have started at 12MP, like the N8, and then made it 16MP... and the next logical increment is 20... but 41? That's like, it shows desperation, or like, something is wrong, why did they do that, is Nokia really dying that they had to do something extreme? And 41 isn't a cool number... it's no one's favorite number... They could have called it 20MP and we wouldn't really care, as long as the pictures area great, you snap it, it's not blurry. That's what I want, not megapixels.

Oh yeah, I was so tired last night, but I wanted to stay awake, and I love moments like that when you are so tired and you fall asleep, and you're half awake, and you get delusions, like dreams, it's like I'm thinking you're on drugs but no, you're just sleepy, it was entertaining because I was dreaming things that made sense there but after you wake up, oh, it's not so important. So anyway, I dreamed of a phone that's like a Polaroid, where you can print out small sticker pictures. So that would be cool. If they had a phone like that, I think it will be a hit. Who cares if it's fat. It will be fun. I imagine the teens taking pics and then printing it out and then giving it to their friends ^_^

I mean, they could start with black and white. Hmm, well, that's a start, and then figure out colored stickers later. Like those portable ticket machines. You board a bus, you buy a ticket, it comes of a portable handheld device... we have that in some buses.

So yeah, instead of printing out text, it will print out a face hehehe but it's will be blurry...

Still fun though, nothing like we've ever seen now.

OK I'm waiting for Moto to do this.

So anyway, I want a camera that's like my eye. I could look at it, it's clear, when I look closer, I can see the details, when I move my head, things are still clear. I don't want blurry pics.

So Xiaomi made an 8 megapixel, dual core phone and made tons of money. Why can't Nokia do that?

Hmm HP is acting up. I know laptop is past warranty, but no, HP, I want to keep it, why you design it to break after 1 year?

So anyway, back to phones. It all boils down to how many megapixels it has and if it has dual or quad core... so that's the basis for bragging rights?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home